I got tagged by Kristie to tell 5 truths.
1. I sometimes think I’m destined to spend my life alone. Not that it’s a bad thing ~ being along has it’s advantages. I mean I come home, I get to watch what I want to watch, I don’t have to fight anyone for the use of the computer (unless my niece is visiting), and any messes I clean are my own (again, unless my niece is visiting). But sometimes, I come home and the house is so quiet and I’d give almost anything to have someone to share that space with. Just someone to enjoy the quiet with would be wonderful ~ just to sit, to hold, to touch, to look, to laugh….
2. I’m an introvert. Really. I’m not all that good with people. I hate crowds and I don’t like being the center of attention. I’d much rather be home. I turn down a lot of invitations to just stay home with a warm cup of tea and a good book. Which, if you think about it, is probably why I had to list #1.
3. I hate election time. I’ve blogged about this before. I’ll be so glad when elections are over. Truthfully, I don’t think the whole thing would bother me so much if there wasn’t so much negativity involved. Instead of the negative ads focusing on what a bad person your opponant is ~ why not focus on the good you can do? I don’t get it and it just pisses me off.
4. I sometimes wish I lived somewhere else. I’d love a chance to start a whole different life somewhere else. And technically I’m a free agent, but I’m extremely close to my family and don’t want to leave them. My niece is the only child I’m ever going to have and I don’t want to miss a minute with her. But I’d love to live anywhere else ~ New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio, Boston.
5. I’d love to own my own business. My two loves are reading and cooking ~ I’d love to have a business that combined the two of them. It’s a scary world out there though and the days of the independent book store are pretty much gone. I’d love to own a small store with new and used books both and a cafe where people could just sit.